26 November 2009

Paint.NET - a great FREE graphics editor

Most Microsoft Windows users will be familiar with the built-in MS Paint application. It's a handy tool for quick editing, but it doesn't let you achieve much more than a very bland and basic "two-dimensional" image. I've been looking for a great tool to replace my old Paint Shop Pro escapades, and something that is ideally absolutely FREE.




Enter Paint.NET - a university project which was given to some Computer Science students on an annual basis to be developed on (a really great idea that I wish my campus would follow), and slowly evolved into this (IMHO) monstrosity of a handy FREE editing tool.


I've added it into my list of essential software applications, since I still find it the best in the field for its cost, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a very powerful FREE graphics editor. Enjoy it, and don't forget to check out my essentials lists:

No comments: