30 September 2011
29 September 2011
R35 shipping fee got you down?
Then just buy stationery to the value of R15 and get it all absolutely free!
Behold! The cheapskate Johnston's have done it again! One free marker pen and 100 post-it notes, delivered for a cost or R35 but discounted by R50!
Make your vouchers work for YOU!
25 September 2011
23 September 2011
19 September 2011
This special runs until 20 September whereupon it reverts back to the regular retail price of $19.99.
16 September 2011
Want to secure this Freaky Friday special? E-mail email@example.com or call 0861007265.
15 September 2011
14 September 2011
Fill in a quick survey (and it really is quick - I clicked my answer and clicked submit and earned my points) every month and get something back.
Sure, it isn't much, but if you did this for one year you'd at least have earned yourself 240MSP for virtually nothing :)
It's South Africa, everyone's at work, and we're rugby mad. Server overload? No excuse!!
Now, it seems, possibly, the site isn't quite right yet - I think the online live streaming isn't working properly either... you can view for free at the moment - I think...
http://www.supersport.com/video/play.aspx?id=104501 to test my theory :)
13 September 2011
- Bootable CD with a ton of diagnostic programs and tools, including -
- Partitioning agents
- Cloning and imaging tools
- Data recovery tools
- MBR tools
- BIOS tools
- Account recovery tools
I don't really know how they can do that except that it appears they have purchased the rights to a bunch of legacy games and can do what they want any way that they want.
Anyway, all that aside, it's a great game and if you want a trip down memory lane then go and grab it for FREE now!
Alternatively, buy Ultima 4, 5, and 6 for under $6 here: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/ultima_4_5_6
If you're in the market for good value internet then you have a few days left until the Telkom Trial special is officially OVER. In fact, you have until the 15th of September to place your orders.
To order it online go to the telkom.co.za website and click on "Free Trial" near the center of the screen. Otherwise, just click here: https://secureapp.telkom.co.za/ido/index.do?utm_source=telkom_coza&utm_medium=banner&utm_content=home_banner&utm_campaign=telkom_ido
What you get:
Just remember to cancel the deal (to avoid the 1Mbps line costs if you don't want to keep 1Mbps, or want to downgrade the line, etc.) in time: https://secureapp.telkom.co.za/ido/unregister.do
12 September 2011
Check out this site if you're in the Africa region:
Now with Afrihost offering their own Wi-Fi service, your options for enjoying a cuppa on the move while checking your GMail from your portable tablet have just grown that much bigger! Enjoy, and indulge!
09 September 2011
More importantly, THANKS Rockstar!
If you're a freeloader (like me) and a rugby fan then I strongly suggest you try your luck at the following Superbru pools to enter for some free prizes:
Inside this page you will find links to all of the public pools which offer free entry and prizes (weekly, or overall).
As of now these are the pools available to join - you can only be in five so choose wisely:
- Shield RWC2011 - T-shirts for for everyone that uploads a photo (see page for details), and "R48,000 CASH up for grabs". This pool offers an absolutely free prize to anyone that uploads a photo. You could be scaley and sign up, win your T-Shirt, and quit the pool if you are over-subscribed.
- Sport24.co.za - Top player wins 12-month membership to Virgin Active. Yellow cap winners win 3-month memberships.
- Nando's - Yellow cap winners win a signed and framed South African Rugby Supporter Shirt signed by Victor Matfield and Bakkies Botha (whoopee!). I have a feeling Nando's will offer other goodies along the way too.
- BruGolfers - Win 2 x fourball entries to the Sardine Run 3-day golf tournament on the South Coast including entry to golf, goodies, dinner, breakfast and accommodation for all 3 days. Package worth R60,000!
- Mr. Delivery - Best player wins R5,000.00 voucher from Mr. Delivery; yellow caps win R200 vouchers.
- Bonus pool: if you're a South Africa fan you should also be in the South Africa Fans pool which also opens you up to other prizes (best player on the Springbok fans leaderboard will win 2 nights for 2 at 5 star game lodge Lukimbi Safari Lodge).
South African Prizes also include a grand prize (4-day tour package on the Blue Train for 2 persons courtesy of JB Train Tours) and best each round prize (40 inch Hyundai Full HD LCD TV from Teljoy). For the full list of prizes (including pool vs. pool prizes) check out this link: http://www.superbru.com/rwc/prizes.asp
As a final observation, http://hectic.superbru.com/ is up and running for those people struggling to get onto the main site, and you need to make your predictions.
Enjoy! And may the best 'bru win :)
Goodyz - Best player wins a BlackBerry Torch 9800 smartphone. There are only 121 players at time of writing so the odds are almost 1% per player, barring any consideration for rugby prediction talent!
07 September 2011
Tonight I've found Crimson Alliance for free on Xbox LIVE - approximately 1GB of game and all completely for no cost besides your bandwidth.
It's an action-RPG adventure supporting up to four local co-op players as well as online co-op. No idea about whether it's any good or not but anything for free can't be all that bad, right? :)
06 September 2011
- Any product that supports iCal format (usually MS Outlook, Google Calendar, Android phones, iOS devices, BlackBerry): https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/ct240d39oc9kq21cq3bn70jii8%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
- Website address to bookmark (and view from anywhere with a browser):
https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=ct240d39oc9kq21cq3bn70jii8%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Africa/JohannesburgOr abbreviated to
03 September 2011
Here's my latest pearl: going retail without much capital or effort.
The concept is simple. Many retail stores out there offer you a "we'll beat any price" promise provided you can furnish proof of a competing store's advert. All you need to do to exploit this is to either (a) print out a pamphlet promising below-cost prices for products that other major retail chains are selling or (b) set up a home office or website that fakes a storefront.
Let me elaborate:
- GAME will match any competitor's price on a product they sell provided the competitor has the same product in stock. Not only will GAME match the price but they'll offer you a further 10% discount on the product price difference.
- GAME will usually look at a printed advert and then phone the store to verify that the price is valid and stock is available.
- All you need to do is see what GAME sells (for example, a 46" FHD 3D LED TV for R19,299) and then print out an advert for the same product at some insane "opening sale special" of R1,929. Organise a landline or cellphone number as your store's "front" number and have two friends (or more if your friends can't put on accents) man the phone.
- Walk in to GAME and show them the advert and say it's an opening special and will they match the price. They have to because it's their policy but they'll first need to check that the special is valid.
- Dialing the number on the advert your first buddy answers the phone with appropriate background noise generated by a TV or a fake PA sound effect etc. and says "Bargain Discounts Electronics, Ronnie speaking, how may I direct your call?" and then GAME will ask about the product special at which point 'Ronnie' says, "hold on a moment, let me put you through to the Home Entertainment division" and hits a HOLD button to make the classic elevator music.
- Buddy #2 picks up the phone and says something official like "hello, despatch" and then undertakes a small conversation about how they've been put through to the wrong division and they'll transfer them.
- Buddy #1 picks up and says "hello, switchboard" and then transfers the GAME guy to Buddy #2...
- "Hello, showroom"... "yes sir, that product is on special - we have one left"... "okay let me put you through to my accounts department"
- Buddy #1 "hello, Gavin speaking..." and so on.
- The key to making this whole process work is faking a call-transfer and using big words like "warehouse", "showroom", and "despatch" to flummox the GAME guy.
- At a loss, they'll have to mark their TV set down to R1,929 and then knock off an additional ten percent difference, which is R1,737, rendering the whole TV set to a new price of under R200. Even if you score just one, you've scored a huge bargain ;-)
- GOOGLE for "electronics store" images and grab one that looks good
- Spruce it up a bit
- Take it in to GAME :-)
02 September 2011
Ever suffered with sleepless nights wondering whether you're compliant with Microsoft's end user license agreement that you clicked "AGREE" to?
Well, stress no more! Go here and find out the license terms for ANY of Microsoft's software products!
01 September 2011
Why struggle with Visio or any other tool when yEd can do it all for you and takes no more than around five minutes to figure out?
Key features include:
- Import data for analysis from Excel spreadsheets or XML
- Create diagrams with ease using an intuitive user interface
- Auto-magically arrange your diagram elements
- Export your diagram to bitmap or vector graphics: PNG, JPG, SVG, PDF, SWF, ...
If you own a BlackBerry, love rugby, want to follow the Rugby World Cup in detail, or just want to overload your phone with trending apps, then the RWC 2011 app is for you.
It can be downloaded over here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/54515?lang=en
- Add fixtures for any match to your built-in calendar or add all the fixtures for your favourite team
- BBM6 integration (requires an upgrade of your BBM if you haven't already done so) provides real-time content sharing, automatic status updates, and live match in-app chat.
- Access the Match Centre for live match coverage, including real-time live commentary, stats and video highlights.
- Get the latest news and keep up to date with the RWC 2011 Daily video.