It's the 21st century now and if you spend your entire (working) life at a computer desk, you'll probably find yourself benefiting from running dual screen. One monitor is your "regular" and "always-on" applications (i.e. email, usually) and the other monitor is your "occasional" applications (i.e. IM, random browsing, and such). If you're a serious I.T. big-wig (i.e. "nerd") then you'll probably find multi-tasking is a whole lot easier with dual-screen: application development or systems administration is just a lot simpler with two or more monitors. The major hurdle is often how to quickly and easily shift displays across, aside, above, below. This is where DisplayFusion steps in!
|Image used without permission but for promotional purposes so it's okay :)|
* if you don't use multi-screen, jump to the bottom of the post for tips on how DisplayFusion can still benefit your sad single-screen life...
DisplayFusion claims that it will "make your multi-monitor life much easier" and it really does! Some of the features include:
- Multi-monitor taskbar
- Advanced Wallpaper Management
- Window Snapping
- ... and so much more
Of course, many of these features come at a price, but for the sake of my post, I will focus on the FREE stuff, since most of my followers (read: friends and family) are cheap-skates :)
- Different image on each monitor
- HotKeys (for move, size, span, "always on top", transparency)
- Includes move to centre, move to next monitor, size and move to bottom/left/right/top
- This is worth the whole application IMHO and is also as useful on a single screen scenario.
- Customisable TitleBar Button
- Toggle Window Edge Snapping
... and like I alluded to earlier: if you don't own multiple screens on your current setup, you should still find the HotKeys for moving and sizing the window very helpful, and I really think this feature alone is worth the download!