15 December 2009

Continuity Game

Being the avid gamer that I am, I am very saddened at the apparent slow death of modern gaming.

You see, I have a lot of reasons for saying that, but I won't go into them right now, except to say that I feel we're getting too many franchises and big publishers aiming at suckering the "new generation" of gamers into a world of blockbuster titles that have more money spent on promotional material than the actual quality of the game (this isn't entirely true, but hopefully you get the point I'm trying to make). The worst part is, games are promoted so aggressively, that probably most sales for a game are enjoyed from the first week of release and all of the pre-orders, before a game can truly be measured for its quality (or lack thereof). This is in large part due to the hype machine. Do we really need another Call of Bandcraft Sims? I think NOT!

What we DO need, is more indie games like Continuity - go and play it; you'll be enthralled (and if you don't know what to do, give me a shout)!!

http://www.continuitygame.com/

No comments: