12 October 2009

Not good enough from wayward SRC members

I've just caught wind of a few wrongs that some leaders within the various campuses' SRC bodies, and a public "name and shame" exercise was undertaken, whereby the SRC members responsible (or rather, irresponsible) had to issue a public letter of apology. Following is the contents of that letter, but I have to rant and object to the fact that these people are still even around at all; they should be forced to resign their posts at the very least. This smacks of the style of ANCYL and their unreserved support for Leonard Chuene's lying. Leonard Chuene is still, to this day, the president of ASA. Such rot can't be good for anything, and the sooner the idiots at the top learn to expel the immoral brothers, the better. Remember these names. If they come for a job, don't give them a car, and if they are teaching your kids, move your kids to another class...

To: The University Community
Following our appearance before the Executive Dean’s Tribunal, we hereby write this letter to express our most sincere apologies for conducting ourselves in a manner that is unbecoming of student leaders.
During the July 2009 vacations, while on the Vacation Executive, we had hired a university vehicle for bona fide business purposes. Unfortunately the program we were to attend no longer took place and we then used the vehicle for private purposes to attend a party at the Plush Lounge. The vehicle was then, unfortunately, stolen while parked in the parking area, and it was wrongly initially reported to the University that the vehicle had been hi-jacked.
The university has suffered a financial loss as a result of our actions, and we have also disappointed the students who elected us, as well as the organization that deployed us to the Westville LSRC. Hence, once again, we would like to apologize to all relevant stakeholders and give an assurance that such behavior will never be repeated.
N. Makhombothi (President: Westville LSRC)
M. Mbanjwa (Finance and Projects Officer: Westville LSRC)
M. Mlambo


Apology to the Edgewood Student Community

Following my appearance before the Executive Dean’s Tribunal where I pleaded guilty to charges of unauthorized use of the University vehicle assigned to the ELSRC, I would like to apologize unreservedly for negligently and intentionally misusing the university vehicle. I have committed myself to paying for the 300+ kilometers traveled, as well has having other sanctions imposed on me by the tribunal.
Regards
Thabani Sboniso Majozi
Deputy President E-SRC


To the Edgewood Student Community
Apology
On the 2nd of May 2009 I utilised the University vehicle assigned to the ELSRC for personal purposes, and while doing so the vehicle was damaged in an accident. I subsequently made a false declaration about the accident to the University. I have pleaded guilty before the Executive Dean’s Tribunal, and I have accepted full financial responsibility for the damages, and accept the sanctions placed on me by the tribunal. I wish to emphasis that my unauthorized utilization of the vehicle was personal, and had nothing to do with the political organizations to which I belong. I wish to apologize unreservedly to the Edgewood student community, and to commit myself to not making such a serious error of judgment in future.
Hoping that my apology will be accepted
TC Nkosi
ELSRC President
September 2009

Apology to the Edgewood Student Community

Following my appearance before the Executive Dean’s Tribunal where I pleaded guilty to charges of unauthorized use of the University vehicle assigned to the ELSRC, I would like to apologize unreservedly for negligently and intentionally misusing the university vehicle. I have committed myself to paying for the unauthorized trip, as well has having other sanctions imposed on me by the tribunal.
Mthembu Khayelihle
Secretary-General ELSRC


No comments: