Okay, so most people aren't like me, and you have two tabs open, but still, it's a great way to do GTalk in Firefox (until IE offers "open in sidebar" this won't work with IE). What's more, it offers you the full functionality of the downloaded GOOGLETALK app - so you get VOIP, you get multiple tabs for chatting. Awesome! Couple this with PORTABLE FIREFOX and you've got a fully portable Google Talk client everywhere you go :)
What you do:
- Bookmark this URL (right-click and choose BOOKMARK THIS LINK)
- Go to BOOKMARKS menu
- Select the above bookmark
- Right click --> PROPERTIES
- Tick "Load this bookmark in the sidebar"
- (you may need to rename the link if it is called "not logged in")
- Now just load the bookmark and you're done!
Thanks go to GTechInfo.Com for the heads up - I've verified it's a real GOOGLE gadget and not part of some scheme to steal our GOOGLE info ...