26 May 2012

Inserting Landscape and Portrait pages into the same Document

Maybe I'm alone here, and if that is the case then I am highly humbled, but I've been using MS Word and other word processing software since the late 80's or early 90's and I've never known how to insert a portrait-oriented page into a landscape-oriented document, or vice versa.

Finally plucking up the courage to find out how to do this, I found one page (no doubt of many) that tells you how to achieve this -

http://www.castlejb.com/webdesign/landscape/landscape.html

It's actually pretty easy - just define new section breaks and format those sections the way you want them! In MS Word 2010 it's a bit different to the instructions listed here;

  • Select the beginning of the section to format
  • Page Layout
  • Breaks => Next Page
  • Go to the end of the section to format
  • Page Layout
  • Breaks => Next Page
  • Then select the section and go to Orientation => Landscape / Portrait
Voila!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did really good work. I really appreciate your new and different post. Please guys keep it up and share with us some unique post in the future

dell customer support number